viernes, 14 de octubre de 2011

What's your earliest memory?

Scientific studies guarantee that your brain starts to keep temporal information since the 20th gestation’s week, but the time we start to store memories that could last forever begins at the age of 3 years old, or as an exception since the 30th month (2 years and a half).

Currently, there are some discussions about other possibilities: scientists say that it’s impossible to keep memories before you’re two years and a half, cause our brain isn’t prepared to store them... But many people ensure that they have some memories of when they were more or less one year old. Psychologists justify that fact indicating that they could have created these memories from the explanations and anecdotes that the family could have explained them. But what’s true and what’s false? It all depends on the glass through you look. Even if it’s too difficult, science could fail sometimes, science could rectify its laws.

And after that, what do you think it’s your earliest memory? Are you sure it’s a memory? Or it’s only a creation originated from explains you’ve received? Well, in my humble opinion, I think is possible having memories of earlier times to were 2 years and a half. I don’t know what’s my first memory, cause I have many short memories that I can’t put in a chronologically order, but I know that these firsts memories were before I was two and while I was two years old.


 I can remember many things about my childhood, but my earliest memories are almost all about me and my grandma. In my firsts three years of life I was raised by her, cause my parents were working hard to earn enough money to pay all my needs, so she was living in my home. I remember that many days I didn’t want to eat my porridge and then my grandma always gave me her soup, even then she hadn’t nothing to have lunch. I recall those summer hot days, when we ate some peaches together and admired the velvety fruit’s skin. We loved peaches and I still love them, their smell and touch take me a stroll down memory lane: they remind me her. 


I remember clearly my first days in the nursery, I didn’t like it. I hated to go there, but luckily I started primary school soon, when I was still two. At the same time, my grandma had a road accident and she had to go back to her home, I still remember it sadly. Since then, I didn’t miss even a weekend without visiting her. I went every Friday to her flat and I turned home every Sunday evening.

 Scientist may say that we can’t store memories until we are three or two and a half years old, but I know that these memories are true memories because I can remember smells, touches, feelings... and no one could explain that to me. I know they are before I was two years and a half, cause it was the age that I was when my grandma had to turned back to her flat, and all the memories were before that. Now it seems impossible, but maybe someday they’ll have to correct something about their theories or add exceptions...

We can recall our past but, no one could know the future!





I leave you here a beautiful song with an amazing short related with life and memories, I hope you enjoy it:





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario